Saint Louis Counseling is now offering Youth Opportunities Program (YOP) tax credits!
By making a meaningful contribution (minimum of $100) to Saint Louis Counseling and purchasing YOP tax credits, you not only will earn tax credits for yourself, your gift will impact thousands of metro-area young people through our outpatient counseling services and outreach programs.
These limited tax credits are available starting April 1, 2019, on a first-come, first-served basis and provide a WIN for you and a WIN for myriad St. Louis-area youth!
Individuals and businesses that pay Missouri State Income Tax and donate a minimum of $100 to Saint Louis Counseling.
What is the benefit of purchasing a YOP Tax Credit?
Qualified donations (see list below) to Saint Louis Counseling generate a 50% Missouri State Tax Credit, thus reducing your out-of-pocket cost to make a gift. Tax credits may be applied to the tax year in which the donation was made, or at any time in the next five tax years.
Contribution example for someone in the 28% federal tax bracket:
|Tax Credit (50%)||–$500|
|Federal Income Tax Deduction (28%)||–$280|
|State Income Tax Deduction (6%)||–$60|
*The above example shows cost savings in the year the gift is made for someone in the 28% federal tax bracket, who itemizes on their federal and state tax returns. Individuals in lower or higher tax brackets and those subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax would have slightly different tax savings. A gift of appreciated securities also would provide additional tax benefits related to avoiding capital gains. The above example is not intended to represent tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor to learn how tax credits will benefit you specifically.
What steps do I need to take to purchase YOPs for my Saint Louis Counseling donation?
- You may purchase YOP tax-credit benefits by making a qualified donation to Saint Louis Counseling. (See Qualified YOP Donations below.)
- Upon receiving your donation indicating that you want to use Missouri State Tax Credits, Saint Louis Counseling will reserve tax credits in your name in the amount you specify. Saint Louis Counseling will send you an acknowledgement letter with instructions on how to complete the simple tax-credit application form.
- Complete and send the tax-credit application form to Saint Louis Counseling. Saint Louis Counseling will then certify the completed form and submit it to State officials. Within four to six weeks, you will receive an official tax-credit letter to include with your tax return. The application can be downloaded at: STLC YOP 19-21 Application
Qualified YOP Donations:
- Checks: Payable to “Saint Louis Counseling” with “Tax Credits” in the memo line. Mail to: Saint Louis Counseling | Attn: Blake Hildwein | 9200 Watson Rd., Ste. G-101 | Saint Louis, MO 63126
- Online Donation: Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express): Donate online (link to donation page): Please include: “Tax Credits” in the “order comments” box. Please note that your donation will not be able to be processed for the Missouri State Tax Credits, if “Tax Credits” is not noted in the online donation. You may also call Blake Hildwein at 314.748.5647 to provide your credit card information.
- Income from Employment (full- or part-time)
- Donations of Appreciated Stocks: Call Blake Hildwein at 314.748.5647 for instructions.
For questions or more information, contact Blake Hildwein, Director of Human Resources, at 314.748.5647 or [email protected]
Thank you for your YOP Tax-credit Donation to Saint Louis Counseling!