Saint Louis Counseling is now offering Youth Opportunities Program (YOP) tax credits!
By making a meaningful contribution (minimum of $100) to Saint Louis Counseling and purchasing YOP tax credits, you not only will earn tax credits for yourself, your gift will provide mental-health services to children and teens struggling with anxiety, depression, ADHD, other mental illnesses or emotional problems.
These limited tax credits are available starting August 10, 2021, on a first-come, first-served basis and provide a WIN for you and a WIN for hundreds of St. Louis-area youth!
Individuals and businesses that pay Missouri State Income Tax and donate a minimum of $100 to Saint Louis Counseling.
What is the benefit of purchasing a YOP Tax Credit?
Qualified donations (see list below) to Saint Louis Counseling generate a 50% Missouri State Tax Credit, thus reducing your out-of-pocket cost to make a gift. Tax credits may be applied to the tax year in which the donation was made, or at any time in the next five tax years.
Contribution example for someone in the 28% federal tax bracket:
*The above example shows cost savings in the year the gift is made for someone in the 28% federal tax bracket, who itemizes on their federal and state tax returns. Individuals in lower or higher tax brackets and those subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax would have slightly different tax savings. A gift of appreciated securities also would provide additional tax benefits related to avoiding capital gains. The above example is not intended to represent tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor to learn how tax credits will benefit you specifically.
What steps do I need to take to purchase YOPs that benefit Saint Louis Counseling?
- You may purchase YOP tax-credit benefits by making a qualified donation to Saint Louis Counseling. (See Qualified YOP Donations below.)
- Upon receiving your donation indicating that you want to use Missouri State Tax Credits, Saint Louis Counseling will reserve tax credits in your name in the amount you specify. Saint Louis Counseling will send you an acknowledgement letter with instructions on how to complete the simple tax-credit application form.
- Download the YOP TAX CREDIT APPLICATION FORM and return the completed application to Saint Louis Counseling’s South Office at: Saint Louis Counseling | Attn: Blake Hildwein | 5 Premier Drive, Suite 200 | Fenton, MO 63026
- Saint Louis Counseling will then certify the completed form and submit it to State officials. Within four to six weeks, you will receive an official tax-credit letter to include with your tax return.
Qualified YOP Donations
- ONLINE / CREDIT CARD DONATION
Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). Please include: “Tax Credits” in the online “order comments” box. (Donations will not be able to be processed for the Missouri State Tax Credits, if “Tax Credits” is not noted in the online donation.) You may also call Blake Hildwein at 314.748.5647 to provide your credit card information.
Payable to “Saint Louis Counseling”. Include “Tax Credits” in the memo line. (Donations will not be able to be processed for the Missouri State Tax Credits, if “Tax Credits” is not noted in the memo line.)
Mail to: Saint Louis Counseling | Attn: Blake Hildwein | 5 Premier Drive, Suite 200 | Fenton, MO 63026
- INCOME FROM EMPLOYMENT (full- or part-time)
- APPRECIATED STOCKS: Call Blake Hildwein at 314.748.5647 for instructions.
For questions or more information, contact Blake Hildwein at 314.748.5647 or [email protected]
Thank you for your YOP Tax-credit Donation to Saint Louis Counseling!